Land of the Prophets - Small Group, Preview 2022
Land Of The Prophets – Small Group, 2022
Get up close and personal with the beautiful cultures, iconic antiquities, and inspiring landscapes of Israel, Egypt and Jordan on this heritage journey.
- Tel Aviv: Enjoy a Welcome Drink and mingle with your fellow travel companions to begin your journey.
- Tiberias: Participate in a Friday night Shabbat dinner.
- Jerusalem: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Amman: Get to know your fellow travelers and Travel Director over a drink at your Welcome Dinner.
- Amman: Enjoy tasting traditional Jordanian when you visit the Bait Khairat Souf for an authentic style lunch.
- Petra: Taste authentic Jordanian flavours as you experience a traditional desert dinner when you dine at the Ammarin Bedouin camp.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy tea with the Bedouins at sunset and taste authentic Jordanian cuisine dine under the stars for your Zarb dinner.
- Amman: Toast to your adventures with your fellow travellers at a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Luxor: Get to know your fellow travelers over a delightful Welcome Drink.
- Cruising: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party, dressed in traditional Egyptian attire.
- Aswan: Follow the footsteps of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie as you enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan’s famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Dining Summary: 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 25 Breakfast (B), 10 Dinner (D), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW), 8 Lunch (L)
- Galilee: Choose between a relaxing cruise on Lake Kinneret or alternatively, meet one of the archaeologists who found the Ancient Galilee Boat and hear the story of its excavation.
- Amman: Choose between joining a guided tour to discover the highlights of the city or alternatively, explore Amman’s street art scene on a guided graffiti walking tour.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft. Visit the High Dam and Granite Quarries.
- Luxor: Enjoy listening to stories of village life from local residents, when you visit a family home for a tasting of authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Cairo: With your Egyptologist, gaze upon Tutankhamun’s treasures at the Egyptian Musuem, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – all treasures of Tutankhamun.
Make Travel Matter
- Amman: Visit the Iraq-Al Amir Women’s Cooperative supported by the TreadRight Foundation. Learn some skills behind these traditional handicraft activities from the ladies of the cooperative and admire their work, which helps boost their financial livelihoods. The Women’s Cooperative also advances SDG 5: Gender Equality. The Cooperative, which is managed and run by local women, has provided training projects for more than 150 women from all villages of Wadi Seer on a variety of handicrafts. It also advances SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities. Here women are provided with job training skills enable them to gain access to economic opportunities that might not have otherwise been possible.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery as you travel through mountainous, winding landscape on the King’s Way that connects some of Jordan’s most spectacular sights.
- Tel Aviv: Explore with your Local Expert and see the Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and browse around the Carmel Market.
- Jaffa: Visit the ancient port and artists’ quarter and see the famous clock tower and old harbour.
- Caesarea: With your Local Expert, explore the Roman and Crusader ruins of Caesarea, formerly one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
- Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation built on the site where the angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary.
- Capernaum: Visit the Synagogue where Jesus taught and the Mount of Beatitudes, where he preached the Sermon on the Mount
- Dead Sea: Alongside your Local Expert, ascend to the ancient fortress of Masada by cable car where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod’s armies, before sacrificing themselves.
- Jerusalem: At the Israel Museum, wander to the Shrine of the Book wing housing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Jerash: Feel like you have stepped 2,000 years back in time as your Travel Director guides you through this marvellous ancient metropolis – now the finest surviving example of a Greco-Roman city in the world!
- Mount Nebo: Take in the astounding view of Moses’ Promised Land, where the ruins are truly a site to behold.
- Shobak: Explore the Crusader fortress and see the Crusader chapel.
- Madaba: Guided by your Travel Director, see St George Church and admire the detail of the Madaba Map – a fascinating mosaic that is believed to be the earliest surviving map of the Holy land.
- Petra: Explore the ancient and hidden ‘rose-red’ city, as you journey with your Travel Director, through the winding, dark passageway, between rock walls up to 200 metres high. See the Treasury and explore the Roman Amphitheatre and ancient tombs.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy beautiful desert scenery as you make your way on a jeep safari deep into the heart of Wadi Rum’s majestic desert.
- Amman: During a city tour of Amman, visit the Citadel, the grand Roman Amphitheatre and the Archaeological Museum.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it. Walk the avenue of ram-…
Welcome to Tel Aviv
Exploring Vibrant Tel Aviv
Caesarea to Galilee
To the Dead Sea
Masada and the Holy City of Jerusalem
Optional Bethlehem Experience
From Jerusalem to Amman
Exploring Amman and Jerash
Red city of Petra
Exploring the Lost City of Petra
Wadi Rum with the Bedouin
Amman to Cairo
Fly to Luxor, Cruise the Nile
Exploring Dendera and Edfu
Edfu to Aswan
Aswan’s High Dam & Temple of Isis
Feluccas and High Tea
Free time and on to Kom Ombo
Cruising the Nile to Luxor
Explore Luxor and fly to Cairo
Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza